Monday, March 16, 2009

An update!

Hi All,

What a great weekend we had, it started really good....... We had a busy weekend but did things we enjoy, so it was not too tiring...

On Friday we went to visit some friends in Pretoria North and had pizza and just chatted and had some wine and relaxed.. The kids had an absolute ball, Hannah played her little heart out and Ethan just enjoyed all the faces chatting to him.. By round 8pm, Ethan was the first to go to sleep and at round 9:30, Hannah fell asleep while watching Madagascar.. This hardly ever happens while we are visiting and we took full advantage and visited until 12:15 pm, which I might add is very late for us, as our average bedtime is latest 10:00pm..........

On Saturday morning, we were up, bright & breezy.. My first alarm clock - Ethan - is awake from 05:00am and my second alarm clock - Hannah - is awake from about 06:00am.. So we do not have a choice to be up early.. I fetched Samm at round 9 am as we were going through to meet Gillian & Daryl (Parents of Declan Du Toit) to give them gifts and just chat... It was wonderful, fisrtly to catch up with Samm, we talk almost everyday, but can never catch up on everything, I spoke so much I am sure poor Samm was only happy to be rid of me when I dropped her back at home.. Ha ha! Meeting Gillian & Daryl was absolutely wonderful, they are absolutely amazing people and very strong - they spoke about their little warrior with so much love - man, my heart just broke for them..... I hate seeing people in pain, it must be the worst thing for me, and I always wish that I could help carry the pain but unfortunately not.. So, to Gillian & Daryl, two wonderful, strong people, thank you for allowing us to be part of Declan's life & journey and thanks for meeting us on Saturday...

While I was out on Saturday morning, Stephan watched the kiddies and I thought when I return home, I am going to return to absolute chaos, but I was proved wrong.. I returned to a very peaceful home, everyone was sleeping - even Stephan - how wonderful was that.. Thanks babe, from now on you are going to do a lot more alone baby sitting because you are so good at it - ha ha! We then had friends over on Saturday afternoon for a braai, but it was an early night, they left round 9pm and we were just too happy to get into bed and relax...

I slept really badly on Saturday night, had too much on my mind.... I rolled around all night, so was exhausted on Sunday.. Sunday was peaceful, we battled to get Hannah to take an afternoon nap but she finally fell asleep but when she woke up we saw that there was something up.. She was not happy, just sitting on Daddy's lap looking at us, she didn't want to eat at all, I offered two different meals and she just refused.. And its all the stuff she loves.. I gave her something for pain & fever and she wanted to get into bed @ 6:30pm already (that is not Hannah).. Through the night she had fever and battled to go to sleep - I was awake with her for most of the night - she finally fell sound asleep at round 03:45am this morning.....

She is still not well and I am taking her to the doc later tonight.. I am sure its her tonsils playing up again... But will post tomorrow on the details!

We had a good weekend and I really enjoyed my weekend for the first time in a long time.. Hope everyone else had a good weekend and rested...

Well have a blessed week and may God Bless you all!

Love
Us

2 comments:

Deqlan said...

aw claire it was wonderful to catch up with you and you didnt talk to much - it was wonderful to chat about so many things we have in common , thanks for taking me with and for being such a great friend! love me
p.s- hope hannah is better?

Elriza Paul said...

Ag shame, hope you've caught up on some sleep and that Hannah's feeling better!!! And thank you so much for our award!!! Can't wait to see some more pics of your beautiful family!

God Bless, Elriza, Wes & Caden