Thursday, January 14, 2010

Hannah's 1st Day at School....

Hi All,

Just a quick blog to tell you how Hannah coped on her 1st day of school yesterday and how mommy coped....

Hannah was so excited, she couldn't wait to get in the car with her bag and embark on this adventure.. We all went, Daddy, Mommy & Ethan, to go settle Hannah in at school. When she arrived she greeted everyone with a huge smile and a very polite " Hello, fine and you?" - Hannah does not wait for someone to ask how she is, she just lets them know she is fine and asks how they are....

I started crying on our way to the school already and all Hannah could ask me was " Why are you crying?" - my response " Mommy is so happy that you are starting at a new school today" and she was satisfied with that answer. Deep down I knew I can't cry when I say goodbye to her because that will make her uneasy. So mentally preparing myself for the worst reaction from Hannah, I got ready to say goddbye. Hannah gave us a huge hug and kiss and said, see you later....
It broke my heart that my little girl is so brave but I was so happy because it made things easier for her and me...

Sometimes I think that the mothers have the problems adjusting, not the children...

She had a fantastic time, learn't a new song about a frog and her teacher said she fits in just perfect.... When I got home last night she could not wait to tell me about her day and then at exactly 7:30pm she was sound asleep....

I will post some pictures tonight or tomorrow morning, I forgot my camera at home today - silly me..

Have a fantastic day and God Bless you all..

Love
Claire

1 comment:

Deqlan said...

Hello Claire...cant wait to see the photos - we have such precious children, whom we just love so much that all their milestones and new adventures and new beginnings are just so touching and beautiful we cant help but weep tears ...but they are of joy and pride! Have a lovely birthday celebration, God Bless love Mark Samm Deqlan Logan