Tuesday, June 2, 2009

What a day.....

Hello All,

What a day we had yesterday... Not just yesterday but it all started on Saturday...

On Saturday morning we met Gillian, Daryl, Kerry and Theo and their kiddies at the zoo for a picnic.. It was so nice to be out and about with the kiddies, Hannah loved all the animals and Ethan just loved crawling around everywhere... But Ethan was starting to get niggly, I put it down to him just being tired... In the afternoon we had some friends over for a braai to watch the Rugby and everything seemed well..

Shortly after our guests left, it all began, Ethan woke up crying and I battled to settle him. I sat on the couch with him on my chest and he was incredibly restless.. I just thought his nose was blocked so he was battling to breathe.. I sorted his blocked nose out but he still didn't settle. There was no fever just the constant crying and unhappiness..

I left the kiddies with my mom on Sunday because Stephans work colleague arranged a trip to Soccer City to see how the stadium looks so far... It was very interesting.. When we returned to my mom, my mom showed me that Ethan had a tooth.. His eye tooth made an appearance, I thought it was odd that that tooth was coming out first.. But Ethan just got worse.. I took him to the doctor yesterday, only to find out that he has middle ear infection and that he is cutting 8 teeth at the same time.. 3 are through the gums, just 5 more to go....

So Ethan is on antibiotics and a whole bunch of other medicine... To make the day a little more stressful, Hannah's school phones to say she has a fever.. I immediatly got her a doctors appointment and went back to the doctor with Hannah in tow... I thought Ethan had it bad, turns out Hannah is slightly worse... She is battling to breathe as her lungs are playing up again and she has severe sinus... The poor child has so much medicine to take and to top it off she had to go to physio...

Further to the kiddies being ill, I have a lot of other stresses at the moment and just feel like hiding or getting away... But I know thats not possible so I will just smile and bear it.. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining, just venting... There are so many people out there worse off...

Anyway, now that you all have the low down, I better go and attempt the day... Have a great on everyone..

Love
Me

1 comment:

Deqlan said...

hoping that the kids are better claire and that you to are feeling better, hang in there - you are a great friend and dont let anybody else tell you otherwise , love all of us