Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Right To Be Treated Fairly..........

Hi All,

I had a discussion with a friend of mine yesterday and something has been laying heavy on my heart after our discussion....

As most of you know, Samms little boy Deqlan is a neuroblastoma survivor and he is on the Austism Spectrum..

We discussed the fact that we live in a very cruel world, and people especially children can be really cruel to someone who is slightly different from them... Children do not always understand when it comes to things like this but I am sure as parents we can teach our children to be fair and not too judge.

It must be one of the biggest worries a mother must have when they have a " special needs" child or a sick child.. The worry of: "Is society going to accept my child as is?" This must hurt deep down. A mothers heart is like no other, it breaks for the smallest things, like, your childs first day at school.. A mother cries about everything, and I do mean everything... So to try imagine what this must actually do to a mothers heart..

Children with special needs have every right to be in society as any other person on this earth.. People should put differences aside and interact with these amazing children.. Often people have a fear about this but if people only knew how much their social interaction with these amazing, beautiful children can help, then I think the world will be a friendlier and better place.. People must take the intiative to educate themselves and their children so that when their paths cross, they are not afraid to just lean over and say, how are you today?

I have had the absolute honour and privelage to meet children who have won battles, survived against all odds and being born with (in his mothers words) a little something extra... Deqlan - Neuroblastoma Survivor and on the Autism Spectrum - an amazing little boy with most contagious little smile, always full of energy and climbs into everyones heart the moment you meet him. Caden Paul - born at 28 weeks and weighed only 1.02kg - I don't know them personally but I followed his blog and am still following it, survived against all odds and is one of the cutest babies I have seen. Malakai Stow - Baby Boy born with that little something extra (Down Syndrome) but is 100% healthy (once again, I don't know them on a personal level, his mommy has taken photo's of my family and I religiously follow his blog) and has the most gorgeous little face with the most beautiful smile!

Through these families I have learned to have strong faith, to stand up for what you believe and to put all your trust in the Lord. These boys are destined for great things and I pray that the Lords keeps them all safe on their journeys and may they have an amazing time growing up with each other and interacting and being the best of friends..

God Bless!

Love
Claire

1 comment:

Deqlan said...

thank you claire for your wise and beautiful words!