Thursday, February 19, 2009

Count Your Blessings.....








Hi All,


What a lovely day it is, maybe a bit windy, maybe 1 or 2 clouds and maybe a bit of rain later but you know what, we are alive today and we have been given the privellage of having 1 more day, 1 more sunshine.... That is what I am grateful for today....

I have been blessed along my life path in so many ways, it is so easy to loose sight of these blessings and to take each day for granted.. Everyone is guilty of that and I think its time I reflect on my blessings and be thankful for what I have.. Yeah, I know, people are probably thinking, would this woman just get over herself but if we don't share the simple things, like our blessings with someone, it is very difficult for that person to see their blessings... So here I go, a nice long post of my blessings in my life of 27 yrs!! Not quite, maybe a few years into my life but I am going to start back in my childhood dayss.. Here goes.. deep breath...


Yes, my parents got divorced when I was 2yrs old but along the way, this came with many blessings.. 1st blessing - I got given 1 x extra mommy and a little later 1x extra daddy.. I am one of the few privelaged that can say, I have 2 sets of parents - what a blessing..

2nd blessing - Along with the marraige of my Dad & Stepmother, came two little brothers for me & Sean(my older brother) - How cool - siblings to play with...


3rd blessing - Along with the marriage of my Mom & Stepfather came 2x extra older brothers & 1 x older sister - how blessed a I to have such a big family..


I was blessed with many friends in my school days, some that stuck around for a long time and others that was in my life for just a moment - 4th blessing - My many friends at school..


At the end of my matric year, 2000, I met an unbelievably amazing man, I was only 18 going on 19, but knew that he is the man for me.. We got off to a rocky start, but look at where we are today.. I married this amazing man.. 5th blessing - Stephan, my rock, my best friend , my partner and husband - what a huge blessing to be able to say that we will be marred for 4 yrs this year October and we have been together for 9 years..


And then, +/- 10 March 2006, I found out that I was about to be blessed in such a big way.. I found out that I am pregnant with my first little miracle from God, Hannah.. Wow, absolutely wonderful.. The Lord has called me to be a mommy.. What amazing news this was - 6th Blessing - Hannah, my beautiful, busy, special, amazing little light of my life.. Just before I conceived Hannah I was told that I did not ovulate and I would need treatment to help me fall pregnant - man I cried for days because I so wanted a baby.. But God had other plans and saw my hearts desires.. Funny enough, Stephan always used to say, he would love a little girl with curly red hair and guess what, God saw his hearts desires too and gave him just that..


Little did we know, that we would once again be blessed and found out on 28th January 2008 that I am expecting my second bundle of joy - May all be warned, I was on contraception and Ethan was still conceived.. Ethan Sean Ferreira was bone on the 1st September 2008 ... Our smiley baby boy, precious gift intended to be on this earth.. 7th Blessing - my beautiful red haired little boy...


I have my pigoen pair and things got a little tough but we are managing, there are many more blessings I received along the way like:


- Meeting Samm and getting to know Brave Deqlan

- Being able to share in Deqlan's journey and be part of his prayer army

- Meeting Samms amazing family

- Meeting my wonderful friend Vanessa - my shoulder to cry on and just someone to talk to when I am down

- Meeting Loren through Samm and now having the privellage of watching her amazing little boy Malakai grow & learn through their blog site

- Meeting Elriza and her little fighter Caden that was born at 28 weeks, once again, through Samm

- Meeting many warriors of cancer and sharing in their touching stories, once again, through Samm

- Having the absolute privellage of meeting Baby Declan Du Toits parents

- To have a roof over our heads and food to eat

I am truly thankful today, for all I have, all I have gained and for all I have lost.. I have learn't through mistakes and taken challenges head on.. I am grateful for time with my family and time with my friends.. I am thankful & grateful for my amazing mother, who is always there to lend a helping hand.. I am thankful for the full health of my children.. I am grateful & thankful that the Lord gave me the oppotunity to become a mommy and its a job I love..


I am grateful for my life, for who I am today and for what the future may hold.. All the above blessings and happenings in my life have shaped me to the person I am today and I am grateful for all the people that have crossed my path, be it short or long, you have made a difference in my life and for that I am forever thankful..


So, I have counted my blessing and I can truly say, I am blessed....

Please continue to pray for great results for brave Deqlan tomorrow and keep the Du Toit family in your prayers.. Please also do not forget to pray for others suffering and battling with terminal illness..

Please also pray for Vanessa's granny who is also terminally ill with cancer and they are not sure how much longer she will be with them. Pray for strength for her family and for peace and understanding.


Till later.. God Bless...


Love
Claire

PS: I will put some photos of my babies and take a good look and see how Ethan is sitting... Hooray!! He is also enjoying his solids and loves purity...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful words from a Beautiful Person! Claire thank you for reminding us all to count our blessings and to stop and smell the roses along the way! YOur children are so beautiful and yes a true gift from our Lord! Thanks for being such a great friend! God bless!

Deqlan said...

What a stunning post claire what lovely words, we are just as Blessed to have you as part of our lives and Deqlans prayer army! You are such a giving caring person and i pray all the blessings you shower upon others come straight back to you! Lots of love