Monday, February 9, 2009

An Update At Last!

Hi All,

Hope you are all well and hope you all enjoyed the sunshine this weekend? We certainly made the most of the beautiful weather..

I have been going through a rather tough time lately, trying to figure everything out and find a balance in my life.. Well, I have done neither but what I do know is that I have two beautiful children and a wonderful husband that I am sure will help me find that perfect balance between work, home, play and spending time with my man..

I was saying to Samm on Friday that I am missing so much of my children because I work a full day and when I get home I try squeeze everything in, in just a few hours, but to no avail! I am missing small things with my son, like him trying really hard to sit etc. I am missing so much with my daughter, she surprises me everyday with a new word or sentence which i never even knew she could say.. Do you know, Hannah is saying a whole lot more Afrikaans words. I heard her count in Afrikaans for the first time ever yesterday, she only counts to two, but I was so proud and sad, because these are the little things I am missing.

I don't know why this is but life is so rushed and moms (like myself) with healthy children take for granted that tomorrow will be another day spent with our children. Just another day! I have decided after reading so many blogs where children have cancer or special needs, that I am going to make more time to just switch off and play with my babies, although it will be little time, I will try make the most of it. You never know what lies ahead, so at the end of the day, living for today matters, forget what has passed and don't worry about the future because those are the days you cannot change.. Today is the perfect way to start and make a difference.

Anyway, besides all the feelings above, we have had a great weekend. On Friday night, I went to help a friend with snacks for her sisters "Hen Party" for saturday, so Daddy had some quality time with the babies. Its always good to have a friend to just chat to sometimes - soul therapy..

On Saturday, I attended Melissa's hen party and it was really a fantastic day. I had both my babies with me, and Hannah had such a great time playing with her friends, Dominique & Aneke. Ethan was a tad misreable, as he has a cold and wasn't feeling well... The poor little guy.. They must get so frustrated when they can't breathe so nicely. Anyway needless to say, I started to have a panic attack on Saturday night, but quickly calmed down, so I could take the kiddies home & rest. Hannah had such a great time, she was exhausted and fell sound asleep, shortly after 8pm.

On Sunday, we attended a kiddies party in Pretoria North which was a wonderful day out and about. There was a jumping castle which Hannah enjoyed, as well as a swimming pool which she also loved. She ran around all day with Daddy following to make sure our princess doesn't get hurt. Ethan and I sat under the trees just enjoying the wonderful weather and he attracted all the ladies with his charming smile. He then had 2 naps under the trees... It was a wonderful day spent together as a family.

The weekends are very short, and I dread to wake up on Monday morning, knowing I have to spend yet another day, without my babies.. Another day of not seeing the smaller things but I have one thing to look forward to and that is when I get home after 4, I have the 2 most beautiful faces waiting for my arrival... The smiles and excitement that my children show when we get home from work, makes our days worthwhile! There is nothing like the love of your children, when you walk through the door after a very stressful day at the office..

My pledge for this week: To switch off completely and spend as much time possible with my babies just playing and enjoying them... to swicth the TV off and play with Hannah in her room or outside.. To watch how my precious baby boy concentrates hard to sit and then to kiss my beautiful kids goodnight after a long day and be grateful to Our Loving Father above for my two very special gifts, Hannah & Ethan..

Till next time.. Have a fantastic week. God Bless and please please please keep praying for Baby Declan Du Toit and his family and for Deqlan Higgins as his family while they await the test results on the 20th Feb - Deqlan may you forever remain NED..

Lots of love
Claire

No comments: